Big fun in the cold last week. Temperatures rising for us this coming weekend so its time for some adventures along the coast and up on Mount Tam!
Saturday Ride – 9:30 am
Down south this weekend for some more paceline work along Half Moon Bay to Pescadero. Great chance to catch a view of the 20 foot swell coming in for Mavericks Sunday. Last week we had some great continuous paceline action from our group and we look to build on that, as well as build miles and confidence. Directions can be found here, but we will start at the first dirt parking lot on your right after driving south from Devil’s Slide on Hwy 1.
Montara – Pescadero: 51 Miles
Simple, but varied and beautiful route along the coast and the foothills.
Map displays Kilometers
Montara – Pescadero – La Honda: 64 miles
Sunday Run – 9:30 am
An M2 group favorite, we will do a tour of Mount Tam’s south slope starting from Mt. Home Inn. You can park in a dirt lot about 50 yards past Mt Home Inn on the right. The driveway is the firehouse entrance as well, hard to miss.
Running the Matt Davis Trail to Pantoll, the group will return along a higher route on Stagecoach, through West Point. For those wanting some additional miles, you can continue towards the coast on Matt Davis for a good out and back to the intersection of Coastal Trail.
– From the parking lot, starting uphill past the firehouse and taking a left on Matt Davis – .75 miles
– At about mile 2.5 you enter the Bootjack picnic area, continue through it, and pick up trail on the other side of the parking lot that continues to Pantoll Ranger Station.
– You get to Pantoll Ranger Station at mile 3, you can continue straight across the road (Pantoll Road) on Matt Davis
– Extend this out and back as much as you want, but we like to run to the Coastal Trail intersection at Mile 4.6 and return to Pantoll.
– Cross back over Pantoll Road and go straight onto Stage Coach Road (fire road) at Mile 6
– You will climb up to West Point at Mile 8
– Returning to Mt Home in, run downhill on Old Railroad Grade
– You pick up Gravity Car Road at Mile 10 and continue downhill to the dirt parking lot
Participating in M2 Group Rides
M2 Group Training members are of course welcome for all rides/runs and events. Gold Pass members who wish to join in on weekend rides can upgrade their pass $25/month. 10-15 pass members can use a class pass for a ride.